Explore Machu Picchu - Full Day
1 day from 285 USD
Explore Machu Picchu - Full Day
Exploring Machu Picchu Tour takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the course of the journey
DAY 1: CUSCO - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
To start our Machu Picchu Tour we will pick you up from your hotel and leave from Cusco very early in the morning, we’ll travel by turistic private van to the living town of “Ollantaytambo” in the Sacred Valley where we’ll board our train to Aguas Calientes. With beautiful scenery throughout the journey the train journey itself is an experience. Following the course of the river down the Sacred Valley you’ll arrive to Aguas Calientes.
Upon your arrived to Aguas Calientes town, our tour guide will be there to greet you and take you to the bus station to head straight up to Machu Picchu “one of the seven wonder” for your guided tour. The tour lasts for about 2½ hours during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel.
After your Machu Picchu Tour you’ll have free time to explore the site by yourself. There are various areas that are not included in the tour such as the Inca bridge, you can ask your guide for suggestions. Later in the afternoon you take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by turistic private bus to Cusco. (The tour ends in your hotel)
- Train to Machu Pichu with Inca Rail Company or Peru Rail Expedition train (Round trip)
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transfers (from and to the hotel)
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee: Extra US$35
- Upgrade train to the Vistadome: Extra US$ 55
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- We pick you at 4:30 AM from your hotel lobby and drop off will be around 6PM.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your hotel must to be located in Cusco city. If not, please inform at the booking time.
Exploring Machu Picchu Tour takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the course of the journey. On arrival to Aguas Calientes you are met by your guide and go up to Machu Picchu for your guided tour of the site.
In the 15th century, the Incan Emperor Pachacútec built a city in the clouds on the mountain known as Machu Picchu (“old mountain”). This extraordinary settlement lies halfway up the Andes Plateau, deep in the Amazon jungle and above the Urubamba River. It was probably abandoned by the Incas because of a smallpox outbreak and, after the Spanish defeated the Incan Empire, the city remained ‘lost’ for over three centuries. It was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911.
Inka Trail 2 Days
Inka Trail Classic