Terms and Conditions
Review the terms and conditions of Inca Footsteps, and keep it in mind for a better experience
Terms and Conditions
- This document has character of contract.
- The customer purchasing the service accept the terms and conditions presents.
- No other agent to INCA FOOTSTEPS COMPANY, have the aptitude to modify, to restrict or to extend the terms of this contract.
All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and understand the Terms and Conditions that follow. Your contract is with Inca Footsteps Company, registered in Cusco, Peru. The following conditions will apply to your booking and form part of your contract. You accept on behalf of yourself and all those named on the booking including minors and person under a disability to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. A contract will exist when we accept your booking and issue our confirmation invoice or email. It is at this point that a contract between the Company and the Client comes into existence. The person or people named on the booking are hereafter referred to as the “Client”.
All bookings are made with the Company, which sells the tours described on the website. An Independent Trip is defined as booking anything included in the Independent and Custom Made Tour. These Terms and Conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Client relating to the subject matter herein, and shall constitute a binding agreement.
The contract and all matters arising from it shall be governed by Peruvian law and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Peruvian courts. All correspondence will be sent to the lead passenger of the booking unless otherwise advised. You must be over 18 to book an Inca Footsteps Experience. Inca Footsteps Trips are not for resale.
CANCELLATIONS FOR DEALS
No cancellations once booking has been made and confirmed.
Airline, rail and ferry tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable and name changes are not allowed.
We are not responsible for the impact that an airline schedule change may have on your vacation. We therefore strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
Seat selection functionality in travel agency systems is restricted by airlines. We will attempt, but cannot guarantee, adjoining seats. Some airlines only allow seat selection upon check-in.
- Any cancellations or changes made by the client must be submitted in writing by the client as soon as possible.
- Client is responsible for any fees or charges incurred by the cancellation.
- We strongly encourage to purchase an independent travel insurance in case of medical or other emergencies, in order to have the maximum coverage, satisfaction and peace of mind possible.
- In case you do not have travel insurance, any late cancellations, in regard to emergencies, will be considered on a case by case. We personally will work with you as best we can.
- Penalties for cancellations:
* Penalty for 100%, if the request is presented 7 days before the starting date.
* Penalty for 50%, if the request is presented 8 - 15 days before the starting date.
* Penalty for 25%, if the request is presented 16 - 30 days before the starting date.
- All prices shown are per person and expressed in USD.
- Once we receive your deposit, your tour package is guaranteed.
- The prices shown on this website do not include the shipping extra commission.
- Ask before you make a deposit or sending of money, the commission they charge you in order to avoid inconvenient at last moment.
- All packages (Peru Packages & Inca Trail) 30% of total amount.
- Inca Trail
- $200 per person the Inca Trail.
- $290 per person for the Inca Trail + Wayna Picchu or Machupicchu mountain.
- Alternative Trails:
- $200 per person the trek only.
- $230 per person for the trek + Wayna Picchu or Machupicchu mountain.
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT?
OUR THREE WAY OF SENDING YOUR DEPOSIT TO PERU THROUGH WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM and paypal
If you want to book the package, please, email us with the following details:
- Start date.
- Number of passengers.
- Full name (As shown on your passport).
- Passport number.
- Date of birth.
- Any other important information we need to know.
We need a copy of your passport scanned.
First Payment: In order to secure your trip, we require a 30% payment of the total package price.
Second Payment: Should be done in cash once you are in Peru.
1. WESTERN UNION
This is the main way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes, is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world.
Money Transfer by Western Union (using your credit cards) – There are additional fees associated with this method of payment.
The method of payment depends on which country that you are sending the money. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online at Wester Union Just visit the website and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. The charge is less if you go directly to a local Western Union agent in your town and pay in cash. For countries other than those mentioned above you will have to go to the office of your local agent to pay the deposit. The Western Union website allows you to search for the agent nearest to where you live. There are over 245,000 agents throughout the world so you should have no problem finding one that is convenient to you at the end of the Transaction Western union or Money Gram will give you a control number that you need to let us know so we can be able to collect your deposit.
Duration of Taken to Receive Transfer: Instantaneous (Note: You can use this Method if you want us to act faster to ensure your Inca Trail, Salkantay Trek or any Trek Space)
If using this method, please provide us with a code of the transaction that you will received against the payment.
2. PAY PAL:
To book any tour/trek through with Inca Footsteps Company, we do require a $200 deposit per person. PayPal does charge us a fee of 8% which we ask the client to cover. This does add $16 to each deposit, so a total of $216. This taxes is just for deposits, the remaining, you will pay in cash (briefing day) without taxes.
If you want to pay by this option contact us, the assistant travel will help you.
Here you can find more detail on how to perform the Payment by Paypal
- THE DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE. ON MAKING A RESERVATION, REGARDLESS OF RESERVATION METHOD, INCA FOOTSTEPS COMPANY ASSUMES THAT THE CLIENT HAS READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- The reservation order becomes final on the date that Inca Footsteps Company receives the client’s deposit. Upon receipt of the deposit, a compulsory contract is in place between the client and Inca Footsteps Company.
- People named on the reservation order are committed to the contract with Inca Footsteps Company. The person who signs the contract is regarded as having the permission of all persons whose names are on the reservation order and verifies that all these persons are fully aware and accept the Terms and Conditions of Inca Footsteps Company.
We require a non-refundable deposit (as mentioned above) along with your personal details (full name, passport number, gender, nationality and date of birth) at the point of making the reservation.
Payment of Final Balance:
Final balances for treks must be paid in cash (US$ or Peruvian Soles) in our office in Cusco at least 48 hours before your trek. If your arrival in Cusco has been delayed, you are responsible for informing our agents either by email or phone.
If we do not receive final payment before the deadline and do not receive any message due to a delay, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation and travel plans.
NOTE: The client must assume ALL transaction fees or taxes.
FOR DAY TOURS
Final balances for tours must be paid in cash (US$ or Peruvian Soles) in our office in Cusco at least 48 hours before the start of your tour.
You have the option to make ALL payments via PayPal or Western Union
NOTE: The client must assume ALL transaction fees or taxes.
Changes Made by Client:
The person who signs the reservation order is the only person that can make changes to the Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service. A $50 change of order fee is charged to make any changes. Though all efforts will be make the changes requested, they are not guaranteed and there may be additional costs in relation to these changes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, FOR THE INCA TRAIL, PERMITS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE, AND DATES CAN’T BE CHANGED.
Changes and Cancellations by Inca Footsteps Company:
We always make our best effort to carry out tours / services according to the original schedules as listed in the reservation order. However, by entering into this agreement with Inca Footsteps Company, the client accepts that necessary changes may need to be made to a Tour or Trek due to predominant conditions.
Inca Footsteps Company reserves the right to change or cancel any facilities, services and substitute a reasonable alternative of comparable value.
In the event of a major change, the client will be notified as soon as possible. The client will have options with regards to accepting the change.
We strongly suggest spending time at high altitude (above 3450 meters / 11,578 ft – in Cusco or another high altitude area) for a minimum of 3 to 4 days before undertaking your trip. This is in order to minimize the possible effects of altitude sickness. Also, you can help your body acclimatize by drinking plenty of water, adding a bit more sugar to your drinks, eating food rich in carbohydrates, avoiding cigarettes and alcohol, and drinking coca (ancient traditional leaf) tea. Diamox can also be helpful – please ask your doctor about this.
We recommend you arrive in Cusco 48 hours or more before trek departure because occasionally we need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events out of our control.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- INCA FOOTSTEPS COMPANY accepts responsibility only for actions committed by our staff.
- INCA FOOTSTEPS COMPANY is not responsible for any action or event that was unpredictable or unavoidable. We are not responsible for improper acts caused by customers or third parties.
- INCA FOOTSTEPS COMPANY is not responsible for the bad weather, accidents, physical damage, loss of personal belongings, natural disasters, extra costs, strikes, etc. It is the responsibility of each customer to have insurance to cover any of these events.
- These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between all parties involved.
Our Philosophy and Goals
Our priority is to provide absolute customer satisfaction every time. This is achieved, by operating as a low cost producer, with support of skilled team of professionals, excellent and qualified Tour Guides speaking various languages, modern comfortable vehicles, modern communication systems, high quality camping equipment as well as the best selection of hotels based on strict quality control.
INCA FOOTSTEPS goal, is always to expand throughout Peru. As a strong and well positioned company in the travel industry.
We know travelers around the world are our main reason to be here, and therefore, our commitment is to satisfy you and make you feel comfortable at all times and places, there is nothing more important for us you feel proud for choosing our team.
Among our goals are also: reduce to the maximum possible levels, the generation of solid waste, pollution of water, the risks of fire and the disturbance of wildlife caused by our activities, products and services.
At INCA FOOTSTEPS COMPANY, we firmly believe that responsible tourism is the only way we can guarantee the sustainable development of travel for present and future generations.