Many thanks for your interest in booking a Trek with Inca footsteps. IMPORTANT: We highly recommended you spend 2 or 3 days at altitude prior to trekking, in order to be adequately prepared for your trek.
EXTRA INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We are a professional company, who takes care for our environment when we work with groups and we provide a complete catered and guided service of the highest quality.
INCA FOOTSTEPS has many years of experience organizing tours & treks and only employ quality & responsible staff who you can trust. We are a local company born in the heart of the Sacred Valley and based in Cusco.
Our tour service and client support in Cusco is managed by our agency, we are TOUR OPERATORS,
- We are committed to departing with 02 of you on our Tours we will never pass you onto another operator!
- We depart even if you are 02 people.
- We are the sole operators of all our tours!
All the guides we use are certified and issued licenses by the Cuzco Tour Guides Association and our guides are trained every year.
We do not employ unlicensed or unaccredited guides and staff.
1. DEPOSIT to confirm your reservation; we need a DOWN PAYMENT OF 35% which can be paid using the methods detailed below. This 35% down payment is NON- REFUNDABLE and payable at the exchange rate of the day. PLEASE NOTE: Your place on the trip is not confirmed until the deposit and all relevant paperwork (such as passport details and scans of ISIC cards) have been received.
Please email confirmation of your deposit to your travel consultant, to speed confirmation of your trip.
1. PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Email address: email@example.com IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT, you can log on and go to “Send Money”.
- Bank transfer
- Western union (please ask us for extra details)
2. COMPLETED PASSENGER DETAILS FORM for each passenger.
- This is a separate document, that needs to be filled out by ALL CLIENTS and your booking cannot proceed until this has been received.
- In case of emergency we take no responsibility if we have been supplied inadequate information.
- Before you pay your deposit please refer to the GENERAL BOOKING CONDITIONS regarding our cancellation and refund policy.You can send in the booking form as a word document (unsigned) or as a pdf (signed). Note: If you are unable to scan & email the signature then your payment of a deposit is an acceptance of the terms & conditions on this form.
3. DISCOUNTS (applicable if you have requested a discount)
- STUDENT DISCOUNT: Your booking (with discount) for the Treks cannot proceed without a scan of your ISIC card.
- CHILD DISCOUNT: We need proof of age (passport scan) at time of booking to buy your ticket with a discount.
4. ONCE WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOOKING THE FOLLOWING APPLIES:
- Once we receive your booking form and deposit you will be sent a trek confirmation. (Note: this can take up to 10 working days).
- This trek confirmation contains information about your pre trek briefing which is usually held 2 days prior to your trek at our office in Cusco.PLEASE read the trek confirmation’s links which answers many questions you will have about packing.
5. FINAL BALANCE PAYMENT OPTIONS IN CUSCO
- We prefer this amount payable in CASH (Nuevo soles or Dollars). There are many centrally located ATMs in Cusco which dispense both currencies. Sorry, we cannot accept torn, dirty or marked US dollars. This is serious. We need notes in PRISTINE, perfect condition!
- We can accept payment via VISA card in our office but must add a 9% commission to this payment due to Visa fees and other charges.(MasterCard, Amex and all other types of cards are NOT ACCEPTED)
- If you wish to pay the balance of the trek fee by bank deposit or PAYPAL then a 9% commission also applies due to the costs incurred by us in receiving this money.You must make the PAYPAL payment prior to leaving your home country, and the bank transfer should also be done 1 week prior to your departure. Please ask your bank what fees you need to pay to transfer the money because we also pay fees to receive it. Then you should pay your trek balance + 9% commission + bank fees to make the transfer.
- Please bring your passport and immigration card (Tarjeta Andina) to the briefing, as we need to take copies of the immigration card for the tax department.
- If you have asked for an ISIC or SAE discount please bring the original card to your briefing.
When making your booking please carefully revise the list of inclusions specific for your tour on Inca footsteps website & contact us immediately if you require clarification. Thank you for your interest.
NOTES TO ASSIST FILLING OUT YOUR BOOKING FORM
GROUP TOUR OR PRIVATE TOUR?
- We are very happy to offer you a trek as a PRIVATE TOUR or a GROUP TOUR for the same price that is listed on the website. Please tell us at the time of booking
- Our tours are structured so they can leave any day with two people. Some people prefer the solitude and personalized attention of trekking alone and opt for a private tour while others would prefer to trek in a group. These “group tours” start out as just two people but are advertised on the ‘Trekkers Wanted’ page on our website. As the group grows in size the price per person drops and will be organized at the final briefing in Cusco.The maximum size of our groups is twelve people per group, unless by special arrangement.
- A listing on TREKKERS WANTED does not guarantee that more people will join your trek. Sometimes people join, sometimes they do not – it seems to be pure luck and random in nature.
- If you wish to climb Huayna Picchu you need to advise us at the time of booking as spaces are limited to 400 and sell out quickly. The cost is $15 extra.
- 7:00am - 200 people
10:00am - 200 People
- Extra mules or riding horses (all other treks) need to be confirmed one week prior to departure.
All other items can be reserved as late as your pre-trek briefing.
- REMEMBER! Included in the price of your tour is 7kg (15lbs) of your luggage carried either by a porter or a mule. This is adequate for the normal trekker
- When calculating costs for hire gear such as a walking stick or sleeping bag, calculate using the length of the tour. Even though you won’t use the equipment on the final day it will still be ‘occupied.’When making your booking please carefully revise the list of inclusions specific to your tour on INCA FOOTSTEPS website and contact us immediately if you require clarification.
- Included in the price of your tour a train Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, as per your agreement with your Travel consultant. In Ollantaytambo you will be picked up and transferred back to Cusco. You normally arrive in Cusco approximately 4 hours after departure.
If you choose not to utilise the transfer on the day of your return from AguasCalientes (ie, stay a night in Ollantaytambo) or if you are part of a group tour and request a train schedule that is different from the rest of the group, you waive your right to this service.If you are interested in booking a transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco, please ask our sales agent.
- You can advise us of your preference for trains, but we cannot guarantee that we will get your preference, as at times trains are booked out well in advance. (as soon as you book your trip you get preferred timetable)
- If for any reason you would like to change the time of your train schedule within 30 days of the departure of your trek, you will be required to pay a penalty.Please note that schedule changes are not always possible and during the high season from May to October it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to make any last minute changes to your train ticket.
- Vistadome trains are more comfortable than the backpacker service, serve a snack and have a much more varied timetable.The upgrade costs an extra $30 per person.